Signs your career might be on the wrong track
I'm a fundraising professional. I'm in the philantrhopy biz. What this means is that I'm essentially a travelling salesman. But I'm not vacuuming pennies up off your carpet. You give me your money, and I say thanks. Instead of Cutco knives, I'm selling satisfaction.
I recently had a meeting with an elderly gentleman and his wife at their home in an apartment tower with fantastic views of the lake. They offered me some fizzy water, and we settled in on the couch, me perched on the edge so as not to stick to the leather permanently in the humid, close air. The first sign that this meeting was not destined to be fruitful came when he grinned at me and said, "You know, we'd forgotten you were coming today until just a few minutes ago. I sure am glad we remembered to get dressed!" Well, now. That makes two of us.
2 Comments:
Hey, why don't you give Warren Buffet a call -- get a chunk of the 30 billion he's giving away.
ew, I hope he remembers to get dressed.
Post a Comment
<< Home